Just how lit is the smartphone market right now? So much so that KFC won’t let Pepsi have all the fun. That’s right: KFC’s giving fans a chance to commemorate their favorite fast food chicken with a company-branded cell phone.
KFC has partnered with Huawei to celebrate 30 years of operation in China by releasing the KFC Huawei 7 Plus. The limited edition red phone features an engraved KFC logo on the back, along with KFC China’s inaugural year, 1987.
- 5.5-inch screen
- Snapdragon 425 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage
- MicroSD storage expansion
- 3,020mAh battery
- Fingerprint scanner
To top it off, it even comes with 100,000 K-dollars to spend at the restaurant and a KFC K-music app that allows customers to choose music to play when visiting a KFC. I’m serious. Check out the promo video:
The device went on sale July 13th in China, but luckily enough for fans, the limited 5,000-phone release didn’t sell like hot cakes, so there’s still a chance to get one. And with the cost is only 1,099 yuan ($162 USD), what’s not to like? You could always hide your deep, dark, finger lickin’ secret with a case or cover.
Check out KFC’s other weird promos
- Gamer’s Box – A Bluetooth game controller/phone holder
- Watt a Box – A box of chicken that can charge your phone
- Clothing, accessories, prints, and more
- Valentine’s Day ChickenGrams
- Sent a chicken sandwich to the edge of the atmosphere
- Released a romance novella for Mother’s Day
Latest posts by Krista (see all)
- New planet-hunting satellite TESS sends NASA its first image - May 20, 2018
- The Cool, Yet Creepy, Robots of Boston Dynamics - January 2, 2018